COVID-19 SAFETY POLICY AND PROCEEDURES.
Patient Safety Measures and Current Clinic Policies
- For the first phase, we will only be allowing patients to book 60minute appointment times. Although this may be an inconvenience for some, our number one priority is the health and safety of our therapists and patients. Thank you for your understanding.
- Pre-screening of all new and pre-existing patients is mandatory before entering the clinic and will include inquiring on patient’s health, travel history, potential exposure to COVID-19, etc. This will be done both online and verbally prior to the start of appointments. Patients will be contacted one day before by telephone for prescreening, and also 2 hours before the start of appointments by email. Pre-screening forms will need to be completed PRIOR to the start of your appointment. This is mandatory for first and all follow-up appointments.
- Informed consent must be given prior to treatment. A COVID-19 Consent to Treatment Form will be sent by email and must be filled out online prior to receiving treatment.
- Patients must bring an approved disposable mask with them and must be put on before entering the clinic, worn during their appointment, and not to be removed until they have exited the clinic. If you do not have a facemask, disposable masks are available to purchase from your therapist for $2.
- Upon arrival, please remain in your vehicle, or wait outside in the designated standing area outside of the clinic, until your therapist opens the door and invites you in. DO NOT enter the clinic on your own as waiting in the clinic waiting area for your appointment to start will not be permitted.
- Please leave any articles you will not need in your car. We would like to keep items being brought into the clinic to a minimum. Thank you.
- Upon entering the clinic, clients will either sanitize or wash their hands immediately. We have provided sanitizer at the entrance of the clinic for use.
- Only the patient receiving a treatment will be allowed to enter the clinic, no additional people will be allowed inside unless the patient is under the age of 16 and needs to be accompanied by a guardian.
- There will be designated areas marked with social distancing signage for you to stand during payment, and in the treatment room.
- Doors will be managed by your therapist as much as possible to avoid touching of door handles.
- There will be designated areas for your clothing during treatment – your therapist will inform you once you arrive.
- Sanitizer has been placed throughout the clinic and in the treatment rooms for efficient hand sanitation before and after treatment. Please wash or sanitize your hands both before getting on the table for treatment, immediately afterwards, and before you leave the clinic. PLEASE NO CASH TRANSACTIONS AT THIS TIME, etransfer, debit or credit card are available; please check with your therapist about what they accept.
PRACTITIONER SOCIAL DISTANCING AND SAFETY MEASURES
Here is our safety protocol for the staff to follow during this ‘return to work phase’. It includes a daily health in-take, enhanced cleaning measures, and a system to work with patients to create a reduced risk environment against COVID-19.
- A COVID-19 Declaration of Health self-assessment form will be filled too daily by each therapist prior to coming to the clinic.
- Hand sanitization and/or washing hands for 20 seconds upon entry to the clinic and after completion of each treatment session. Plus frequent hand washing throughout the day.
- Each therapist will require wearing a facemask (cloth or disposable) during treatment and during times if unable to be 6 feet from another person.
- Therapists will open doors for patients whenever possible to avoid door handles being touched by multiple people.
- Therapists will be making a mandatory change of clothing between clients, and using PPE at their discretion (other than masks which are mandatory at this time).
- Extra time has been allotted for enhanced cleaning measures that are in place including sanitizing massage tables and face pieces, all surfaces, door handles, bathroom fixtures and POS machines after every client. All disinfectants are Health Canada approved.
- Closed containers are in place for storing the clean and used linens to prevent cross-contamination.